Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 17, 2010

It's Gotta Get Better

I'm still not feeling like my normal self. The morning after bloat, I got all excited that it was gone. I could breath normal and everything. Well, as usual, I should have known not to get too excited for too long. The bloat comes every time I eat anything. And I mean anything. For Pete's sake, I'm eating very healthy and there it is. It's so hard to walk with bloat pain. Oh and how about this gem. . . I went out and bought a couple of larger shirts so I could hide it. Thank goodness for Old Navy and their cheap stuff.

Pain wise, I had none the day after retrieval. However, the pain showed up again on Friday. The weird thing is that it stays on the left side. I wonder if good 'ole Dr. Miller poked that needle wrong or something. You really get to learn a lot about your body when you go though a procedure. For instance, I learned that a needle hole in your ovaries affects your whole elimination system. I'm sorry if that's too much information, but I have no shame. So, every time I go to the restroom everything hurts. Fun! Needless to say, I'm back on the basic Tylenol.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and got all of the items I need for pre-transfer. Any internet search for IVF transfer will tell you the same thing. First, IVF girls should eat pineapple core. This is supposed to help the embryos implant. Yesterday I bought one, cut it all up, and put it in the fridge. Also, I believe I mentioned Gatorade. The sodium and electrolytes are good for preventing OHSS. So, I bought two more big ones yesterday. For meals: protein, protein, protein. I don't eat beef or pork so this gets complicated for me. I was able to buy some apple smoked chicken sausage that's high in protein. Well, don't I just sound all set and ready for transfer? Well I was. . .

Mr. Later Than Most had a couple of friends come over last night. They hung out in the backyard. I was asleep, but he woke me up to tell me that they would be outside. Good thing they didn't hang out inside because those damn progesterone suppositories make me pee every 15 minutes. Our guests would have known something was off. Anywho- I woke up this morning to let the dog out and saw the damage. Our patio was full of empty Gatorade containers, the chicken sausage wrapper and an empty bowl of pineapple. Needless to say, I'll be shopping today for my transfer food (again)! Mr. Later Than Most is Lucky he is so darn cute!

No comments: