Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 24, 2011

OMG- 30 Weeks!!!

Thirty weeks, thirty weeks! What happened? Weeks 20-30 fly by in case anyone is wondering!

Well, I went to the doctor the other day and everything is great. My blood pressure was a little high, 132/78. Mine is normally about 100-108 over seventy something. The doctor didn't think it was a concern as it still fell in the normal range. You know me though, I kinda freaked out. So, tomorrow I  will have the nurse at school check it to see if it's high again. If not, I'll try to take it easy until my next appointments.

My nine pound weight gain is now up to 11. I've had two shakes for dinner the past week. That is so not me, but once I get some sort of food in my head, I kinda have to go that route. Don't get me wrong, I ate regular food that day too, but the shake was so good!

The nursery is pretty much coming along! Mr. Later Than Most painted it this weekend. I love the cream color he picked out. Yes, I let him pick it. I'm very art deficient. You know how people look at colors and they are like, "That has a hint of orange." I sit there and wonder what in the hell they are talking about. Orange? Yellow is yellow, how does it have orange? I'm sure this is the reason that my art skills are lower than a third grade level. That's okay, you can't be good at everything.

Yes, I'm still shopping. I'm the worst at buying stuff off my own registry! LOL I mean, if I really want something, I need to be the one to buy it. There are not many big things on our registry (I have to remember to say "our" and not "mine." I also refer to the "wedding" as mine and Mr. Later Than Most does not like that!). The hubs is going skiing in Colorado this week, so the nursery is on hold. I will be washing baby clothes though and getting things ready outside of the nursery. That should keep me from shopping online!

As for the baby, he/she just moves and moves. My WHOLE STOMACH was moving today. I was laughing because it looked weird and really, really tickles. This baby is currently a night sleeper, which I'm enjoying. He/she sleeps most of the night and is awake all day. The past two nights I've been awakened by kicks though. These were at 3:30am both nights. Also, I get a lot of Braxton Hicks. I've had this for about 10 weeks. Nothing to be concerned about, but man are they annoying.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about my IVF journey. The bitterness is almost all gone now and people can tell me they are pregnant and I don't freak out. Ugh, I hate those feelings. Now that I'm thirty weeks, I worry a lot less. Can you believe it took this long? That is not a way to enjoy your pregnancy. This morning I realized that this blog will soon be about a baby. A baby that was once in a little petri dish. So, so weird!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Soooo excited for you being at 30 weeks! It's truly amazing!!!!!!!