Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

December 12, 2013

First OB Appointment and Some Infertility Shit

Oy! My first OB appointment was great! I'm seeing the same OB that I used with Miss B. I love this guy. If you remember I've mentioned that he treats infertility patients with extra-special care and doesn't throw you into the masses. Also, IVF patients are treated as high-risk, so 3-4 visits to the MFM is very normal. I'm already off to the MFM in three weeks!

I was a nervous wreck (yet again). When the nurse rolled in the ultrasound machine I was in a panic. My IF Devil came back and was haunting me. Luckily, the ultrasound showed the cutest little gummy baby, measuring a week ahead (WTF!). The RE ended up changing my due date to July 9 instead of the July 10 date from the transfer. I'm not sure what to think. The OB today said the 9th was what he was sticking to. I already have the 10th in my mind though. I know, I know, what difference does a day make? It's just that little ticker would change a little faster lol. So, glowing reviews from the OB. I go back to see him in 3 weeks and the MFM in 3 weeks as well. Saturday morning I'll be getting a few blood tests drawn. After today's visit, everything feels "official."

+++This part may get boring. . .continue only if you are nursing a child or are very bored! Just more infertility mind games.

Now, infertility shit. Well, we just finished open-enrollment for insurance. If you remember long ago, MR. LTM and I were very lucky to fall into infertility insurance. It was literally unreal how it happened. Mr. LTM was hired full-time at a company in the summer of 2009. He had been a contractor at the company and they decided to keep him. Well in March of 2010 that company was bought-out by a very large telecom company. At this point, Mr. LTM and I had been trying for over two years to get pregnant. I was literally at rock-bottom. Mr. LTM was using a "I don't want kids" mechanism to protect himself and things were shitty. Well, that new company had great infertility benefits and we were quickly referred by my OB to an amazing RE. I was pregnant by The end of July.

Open-enrollment just came again. Because we no longer need infertility coverage, I dropped myself off of Mr. LTM's insurance because mine is decent. The deadline came and that was my final decision. . . no more infertility coverage. Well, days after I received a letter saying that the company was changing it's infertility coverage. New patients would only get $10,000 in coverage. Those who were on the old program would be "grandfathered" in. Meaning those people (me included) would receive three life-time cycles of treatments. I nearly fainted when the letter came. I dropped myself off the insurance and now if I ever needed it again, I'm already over the $10,000. I know I don't need that insurance, but the IF Devil kept telling me that something bad was going to happen and then I could never get another cycle covered. STRESS. Enter today. . . a letter comes from Mr. LTM's company saying, "You may change your medical plan until December 20." Hooooooooly crap! Yahoo. Though it's the IF Devil haunting me, I was able to change my coverage. Now I feel better. And double-insurance will be great for the delivery. I remember that from my first experience!

Thanks for holding out and reading. Here is your treat. . . My 10w ultrasound:


No comments: