Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 22, 2013

The Adventures of Pap and Miss B

Have you met Pap? He's Brooklyn's best friend. She received him on her first birthday and then have been best buds every day and ever since.

Pap is a world traveler. He's been to Disney World, both Florida coasts, Michigan, and a few other places. I don't mind him too much. He's kinda one of the family.

Last week Brooklyn's started asking us to tell her bedtime stories. Mr. LTM's stories are normally ones where he can sneak in a little fantasy. His are a little "out there" and in my honest opinion, I thought they took too long. Well one night Mr. LTM was working late and couldn't put Miss B to bed with one of this famous stories. When I put her in the crib, she told me that I had to tell her a story. I knew I had a lot of papers to grade so I tried to get out of it. I got about one step away before she insisted I tell her a story because "daddy does." Oh.no.she.didn't.

So mommy's stories are, The Adventures of Pap and Brookie. My stories are based off of real experiences that Brooklyn has had when she was younger, or situations that are coming up, like vacation. I'm telling you. . . the look on that child's face is priceless during story time! Oh my gosh. Her eyes literally light up. She's smiling behind her paci (Yes she's two. And thanks for checking the ticker while thinking, "Isn't she too old for a paci?"). She's hugging Pap like there is no tomorrow and just a glow with excitment. BEST. FEELING. EVER!


Remind me that I owe Mr. LTM for adding bedtime stories to our evening routine. :)

P.S. "Pap" was actually the word "flat". We called him Flat Panda when she got him. After a while she started calling him "Pap", which we thought meant "Panda." She told us this year that Pap means "flat." LOL 

No comments: